Saturday, December 21, 2013

Packing List

So far this year I've been out on the ice twice, and both trips I've forgotten very little of what I need. Usually, in my excited haste I forget something extremely important and/or useful. But this year is different because I made a packing list to reference each time I'm getting things ready to go. So Here's my list:


  • Jet Sled
  • Poles
  • Jigs
  • Bait - minnows and meal worms
  • Ice Shack
  • Fish Finder
  • Auger
  • Lighter
  • Camera 
  • Stove
  • Water
  • Soup/food & snacks
  • Pan
  • Plastic Cups
  • Ice scoop
  • Knife
  • Plastic bags
  • Toilet paper
  • Chairs
  • Pliers
  • Propane
  • Heater
  • Hot Chocolate
The last two on the list are usually only taken if the family is coming with me, or I'm expecting things to get really cold. All of this 'stuff' packs nicely into my jet sled and I'm never without anything I need, or most times even anything I want.

Is there anything missing from the list? Anything you'd do without?

With any luck my family will do some ice fishing tomorrow, I'll let you know how it goes. Hope that you can get out and enjoy the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment