Sunday, December 1, 2013

Beginning of the End

Thanksgiving break came with a lot of 'stuff' to get done this year. So I was really excited to be able to get out today and enjoy the last of the good weather. Bright and early I was heading south to pick up where we had left off on The Sevier River.

Early success
 Once I hit the water I was greeted with a couple of quick fish. But holy crap it was cold!

Never had ice cake my line before...
 The cold and ice made for some slow going, especially when I got a tangle or had to tie a knot, but once the sun came out it warmed up fast.

Beauty

And the fishing warmed up too. Nymphs were the way to go for sure. Best fly was the mod. Hares Ear by far and was consistent throughout the day. 

Post spawn
Fishing was awesome throughout the day, but the last hour was amazing. After a fish rose to my indicator I threw on a Chubby Chernobyle and managed a few on top, on a terrestrial, on the first of December!

Double!
Last cast of the day I managed a double! One on top and one on the dropper. 

Mug Shot


Playing with the camera




Parting Shot
Amazing day on the stream today, but looking at the forecast it'll probably be the last for a little while. I think it might be time to break out the auger and hit the hard deck. Either way, I can't wait to get out again. Hopefully you'll get a chance to get out and enjoy the water.


No comments:

Post a Comment