Friday, October 18, 2013

Back to fishing!

Finally, I was able to clear a day to hit the stream. Woke up with high expectations and way too many things to get ready. After about forty frantic minutes of trying to remember everything I was out the door (for reals this time) and headed to one of my favorite streams. Surprisingly it wasn't too cold upon arrival, and I could go without my winter coat.
It's nice up here

Didn't take long for me to find a chunky little bow with my Orange & Black streamer.

First fish of the day always deserves to be included

Making my way downstream I noticed how low the water was, and with the heavy vegetation in the stream-bed, I was in for a difficult day. Oh well, the fishing is always good even if the catching isn't what we dreamt of. 
It looks like I'm squeezing him, but I promise I'm not
After struggling out a few fish here and there on various nymphs, I made my way up to what is usually one of the better pools of this stream. Blue Winged Olives were providing some proof of life and I was soon into some dry fly action. 
Caught a couple of Tiger trout today, though
this was definitely the best looking one
Falling temperatures and a stiff breeze put an end to the topwater action. So I decided to end my day just like I'd started it, throwing streamers. 

Really pretty colors. Nice cut on the tail and extra
 long bottom lip.  A very unique fish
On went an Olive & White streamer I tied up a while ago and it was lights out till the light left the water.

Still trying to get a good underwater pic

Something definitely happened to his
eye, though he seemed to find my fly alright

Second to last fish of the day, a very dark Brown Trout

 Felt great to get out and fish! Caught Rainbows, Browns, Cutthroat and Tiger Trout on a mixture of Streamers, Nymphs and Dry Flies. I don't know that this will hold me over for too long though, I can't wait to get back at it. Hopefully you can get out and enjoy the water.


I think this was a mink, he decided I was too
close right before I could get the picture taken




No comments:

Post a Comment