Saturday, May 2, 2015

Right Foot

Yesterday, after finishing up a week that seemed to last for at least twice as long as it should have, I snuck away for a little fishing. I didn't have long, so I just hit a local creek that hasn't been very kind to me lately. Trying out a new version of the Parachute Zebra was at the top of the list for the day, trying to decide if the extra effort of adding a peacock herl thorax was worth it. 


#22 are a little bit of a pain
Made the short drive from work to the stream and walked down to one of my favorite holes. Intent on the work at hand I started out with a parachute zebra but had no takers. BTW they do seem to float better with a little peacock in the mix, hopefully this doesn't change the way the fish feel about them. I switched it out for a Chernobyl Ant with a Bead-Head Pheasant Tail dropper and managed to miss a few fish before starting to make my way back up to the car. A likely looking riffle produced the only fish of the day.


Small, but I was happy to see him
A rising fish in the slick above the road distracted me enough to keep me from jumping in my car and heading home right then. Switched back over to the Parachute Zebra and managed to miss him three times before putting him down indefinitely (or at least till I was back to the car and gone). Today might bring better results, but it sure felt good to start May off on the right foot. Hope you can get out, be safe, and enjoy nature.
- Kidder

No comments:

Post a Comment