Saturday, November 16, 2013

What you can get.

The work week

Earlier in the week I was able to get out and fish a small pond near my work. It's good to live and work here.
This fish looks better when you
realize it's 5min. from work.

And there are other perks...

This weekend

Anytime you get to go fishing to a new place, it's going to be a fun day. When the guy that you're going with asks that you wear camouflage...well, it makes it a bit more intriguing. 

But lets back up to how this all came about. Just over a year ago I was talking to a friend of mine about a certain pond that he knew of where some large trout lived. No particulars were given, and it was understood that this was his honey hole. Fine. Really, not a big deal. We all have those places that we don't want to give up for one reason or another. 

Anyway, a few weeks ago we got to talking about what we've been up to and I told him about the Cutthroat lake I'd found. I hesitated. Then I told him where it was. Just like that. He returned the favor and gave me directions to his pond. Then yesterday we decided to head there to do some fishing together. 

I honestly figured the camouflage thing to be overkill, but I did it anyway. When someone says to wear camouflage  you just do it. Then we got there and started seeing the fish, and they saw us, then I believed. I tried everything but couldn't seem to buy a fish. I had strikes, and was seeing fish, but I just couldn't seem to put it all together. Breaking my rod was just adding injury to insult, but that was the kind of day it was.
I hate it when this happens


My buddy had his best day yet at this pond, landing three. None of them were the monsters he described, but I saw enough to make me want to go back. 

After our patience ran out, we hit a small stream where we caught several on dries till dark. Sometimes you just gotta take what you can get.

**Remember to sign up for the giveaway on our Facebook page!**

No comments:

Post a Comment