Saturday, February 27, 2016

Grandpa

There are times when I'm sick of being an adult. I'm not even good at adulting. But it seems that life is intent on me dealing with grownup things. One of the major things that's happened during this month of blogging silence is that my Grandpa passed away. I was down in St. George at a music educators conference (with hopes of getting some fishing in on the way home) when I got the word to hurry home. Luckily I was able to see him on Sunday before he died early Monday morning. My Grandpa was an avid fisherman and I have many great memories of bait fishing with him out on Joe's Valley Reservoir. He was also with me when I shot the second deer I ever got and was relieved when I told him I knew how to clean it out and he wouldn't have to do it. I remember spending time helping him out in his garden and him showing me how to tend to fruit trees, how to trim the lawn with sheers (and insisting on us doing it this way even though we owned an electric trimmer) and how to only pick the ripe ones. I'm lucky that he was such a huge part of my life. He'll be missed, but I'm grateful that he gave so much of his time to be with me.

Hope you can get out,

Kidder


No comments:

Post a Comment