Sunday, March 1, 2015

To Bling or Not To Bling

I've been hesitating to start a rod build that I have all the components for, which is completely unlike me, because I'm not sure what I want to do just above the handle. I've been experimenting with some cross wrapping ideas that would look really cool (see a couple here), but some people on a forum that I'm a member of don't think that cross-wrapping really fits with the fly fishing aesthetics. So I keep going back and forth, not sure what I should do and consequently haven't done anything. 

Until this weekend anyway! I finally figured that I should get all the guides on, do the ferule wraps, and I can still put off the decision making while I'm getting some work done. 

Amazing how long it took to get my first rod to this point

I like the ferule wraps

Cool handle

Look at all that blank space just above the handle...
So now I'm still not sure what to do, but at least I accomplished something more that just cleaning the basement this weekend. Let me know what you think I should do in the comments below! I think my Dad is open for whatever on this rod. 

Hope you can get out, be safe, and enjoy nature.

- Kidder

No comments:

Post a Comment