Thursday, December 25, 2014

Early Christmas

After sleeping in, and medicating up, I was able to get out for an afternoon of fishing with my youngest boy Cado last Saturday. He was really excited to borrow his brother's "thingies so he can walk on the water." Despite the late start I was really excited to get out and we headed south to a stream that has been really good to me. 


Ready to roll


A little skinny
The water was a bit low, but Cado was ready to go! Seemed like the first few spots that should've been holding fish gave up nothing. But we found some fish in the smaller water, basically the spots that most people wouldn't bother with. Maybe we weren't the first to fish this stretch today.


Almost looks like he's threatening you with a fish

Don't know why his hands got cold

Love it when we find something other than a brown
Soon we found a pod of rising fish and it was time to try out a new fly I'd tied up (details here). First cast brought a fish to hand! Managed to hook two more, miss one, and land three before spooking the hole. I'd say the fly is a success! 


Proof's in the puddin'
Hope you have a Merry Christmas, get a gift as great as I got (getting out and fishing with my boy) get outside, be safe, and enjoy nature.


- Kidder

He's a fishing rock star


No comments:

Post a Comment