Friday, May 30, 2014

Fun & Games

After a night of unrest I wasn't surprised that my boy felt too tired for a long ride and long hike to fish. I wasn't too upset about it figuring another opportunity was just around the corner. So I was surprised about an hour later when the boy came out of his room (hair in all directions, a small amount of panic in his voice) and said, "Is it too late to go fishing?"

I assured him that it wasn't if we stayed a bit closer to home and he asked if we could go fish his favorite bit of stream. Fine by me! So we quickly loaded up and headed out. The stream was somewhat off color, but the flows were decent and I was sure we could find a few trout. Once I got Atley rigged and pointed in the right direction I worked on setting my own rod up. After a few tangles, and a bit of frustration, the boy came through.

I nice way to get the skunk off, with a native
 What followed was a great day for so many reasons. Our local stream is bouncing back brilliantly after the fire of a couple of years ago, it was a great day to be out enjoying the outdoors, and my boy fished well without nearly the assistance that he needed even a year ago. So fun to watch him figure things out for himself.

The joy on his face comes from catching and landing this fish while I had my back turned
And yes, I caught a few today too. Including some more Cutthroat that have been a welcome addition to the stream that was once all Browns.

This fish is going to turn into a real nice one by the end of the season
Plenty of fun without a single video game in sight! It's Summer for the boys here too, and it's looking to be a great one. Hope you can get out and enjoy the water.

- Kidder

No comments:

Post a Comment