Friday, April 18, 2014

Fast Forward

The past few weeks have flown by without a break and it seems like I just can't find any extra time to wet a line. The rod & vest have been in my car for a couple of days, but I can't even seem to pull myself away for a lunchtime quickie. Even though its been all high and dry for me, I thought I'd drop a line and fill you in on the goings on around here. 

To start the month I went on tour with my Band and Choir classes to Anaheim, California. After performing in a festival (they did very well) and spending the obligatory time with the over-sized rodents we managed to spend a nice evening on the beach.

They're in a different season down there



Rodents of Unusual Size 
The wife really liked the ocean. It was her first time.
Trying to be the responsible guy that my wife wishes she married, I decided to change the oil in our truck. Too bad Murphy's a jerk and the plug in the oil pan sheared off. Apparently this has happened before (when??) so they couldn't fix it and had to replace the entire pan. Yeah, the bill put a huge dent in the "Oh Shit" fund and sent me back to working weekends trying to make up the difference. 

Found another place to sneak away from work
Tomorrow I'll spend yet another Saturday not fishing (still working to get our finances back in-line) but there is hope on the horizon. Being a teacher has its advantages and the much anticipated Summer Break is right around the corner. Can't wait to feel the tug again. Hope you can get out and enjoy the water.

- Kidder

No comments:

Post a Comment